A step-by-step guide to making Oma’s soup
My mom’s soup is legendary. Everyone in the family knows that “Tante Betsie” makes the yummiest soup around.
I never inherited Mom’s love of cooking. I don’t mind it, but if I don’t have to cook, I won’t.
But on the odd occasion, like when I’m on holiday and have extra free time, I like to make a pot.
So I asked my mom to give me specific directions.
Of course, she didn’t follow a recipe. So I asked her to come to my house and make some soup while I recorded it and took pictures and videos. I can make her soup anytime I’m in the mood!
And now you can too.
- 1/4 cup of chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup of celery (include leaves)
- 1 cooking onion
- 1 carrot
1 pkg Knorr Minestrone Soup
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 pkg vleesbouillon
- 1 pound of lean hamburger makes enough meatballs for 2 soups (freeze what’s leftover if you’re only making one batch)
* 1 egg
* 2 tbsp bread crumbs
* 2 tbsp Montreal Steak spice
* 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tbsp ground pepper
* 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- Fill a pot with COLD water and add meatballs and spices.
- Turn on high to bring to boil but don’t let boil over. Then turn to simmer.
- Add vegetables; ensure they are submerged to cook.
- When veggies are cooked, turn the stove off.
- Add 2 handsful of noodles.
And there you have it! Delicious and nutritious soup.
Whenever the family visited, they were guaranteed to be offered a bowl. And no one could refuse.
Once you taste it yourself, you’ll understand why.
Smakelijk eten! Bon appetit. Enjoy!
Check out these other soup recipes by my mom: