A step-by-step guide to making Oma’s soup
My mom was such a good cook that she even owned her own restaurant, The New Dutch Touch.
She had regular customers who came daily for her homemade meals. But her most demanded menu item was her soup.
Although Mom no longer owns the restaurant, she still makes her signature soups.
I asked if she would share with me her recipe through photo and video and she agreed.
Here it is!
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of celery (include leaves)
- 1 cooking onion
- 1 carrot
1 pkg Knorr tomato vegetable soup
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
1 pkg vleesbouillon
- 1 pound of lean hamburger makes enough meatballs for 2 soups (freeze what’s leftover if you’re only making one batch)
* 1 egg
* 2 tbsp bread crumbs
* 2 tbsp Montreal Steak spice
* 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tbsp ground pepper
* 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- Fill a pot with COLD water and add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato vegetable soup package and meatballs.
- Turn on high to bring to boil but don’t let boil over. Then turn to simmer.
- Add vegetable bouillon cubes and 1 pkg vleesbouillon.
- Add vegetables; ensure they are submerged to cook.
- When veggies are cooked, turn the stove off.
- Add 1 handful of noodles.
And there you have it!
Although I’m sure that some people wish that Mom still operated her restaurant, they can still order a bowl of soup from her own kitchen!
Smakelijk eten! Bon appetit. Enjoy!
Check out these other soup recipes by my mom: