The Gift of Fitness
by Stephanie Nickel
Just how can you give the gift of fitness this Christmas?
1. Buy two gym memberships and give one to your spouse, family member, or friend. Set up regular dates to go together and stick to your schedule.
2. Consider pooling your money and getting a family gift this year: a treadmill, an elliptical, a rowing machine, a Bowflex, a Wii Fit.
3. In the same vein, you may want to consider buying bicycles, ice skates, rollerblades, skis, or climbing equipment for the family.
4. A new blender and a book of smoothie recipes would make a great gift—one the whole family could benefit from.
5. There are restaurants that specialize in healthy food. Why not do your research, ask around, and purchase gift certificates for an evening out including dinner at one of these establishments?
6. If money is tight and you’re looking for an inexpensive option, why not make your own coupon book? Include things like “Redeem for a Half Hour Walk,” “Redeem for a Weekend Run,” “Redeem for a Bike Ride To and From the Park,” “Redeem for a Dance Off,” etc.
Check out other posts by Stephanie Nickel