12 Reasons to Join the Gym by Stephanie Nickel
If any of the following apply to you, you may want to consider joining the gym:
- You have the know-how but lack motivation.
- You are uncertain what equipment and routines are best for you.
- Without a regular cash investment, you keep putting off getting physically active.
- You’re bored and need to “mix things up” a little.
- You love the idea of exercise classes.
- You need a space that is set aside exclusively for exercise, unlike your living room or rec room.
- You need to be some place where there aren’t little ones, and not-so-little ones, underfoot.
- Your BFF is looking for an accountability partner to exercise with her.
- Your exercise equipment is gathering dust, as are your workout DVDs and that pair of cross trainers you bought last year.
- You want access to a wide range of exercise equipment.
- You’re tired of being tired.
- You want to turn “I should” into “I am.”
There’s a Fit4Less gym just down the road from my church, where I am filling in for our administrator while she’s on maternity leave. The plan is to work out four times a week at 3:15, after I’m done in the office. I’m looking forward to getting started; I’m excited even.
How about you? Do you belong to a gym? If not, what would make you consider signing up?